What's council doing?
Hutt City Council have released their long term plan with a 20 year project and budget forecast through to 2035.
The great news is, there’s a fair amount of money already lined up for Wainuiomata. In fact there's $22 million worth of new projects in the next 15 years.
Current Hutt City Council budgeted projects include (in year order):
- Wainuiomata Hill lookout - $200,000 before June 2016.
- Wainuiomata Hill shared walking & cycle path - $5.5m split across two years to June 2017.
- Waiu (mountain biking) Park development - $50,000 each year
- Wise Street extension - $7.1m by 2026
- Pool upgrade $7.5m in 2028
- Community hub: library and hall upgrade - $1.1m in 2030
We’re keen to see each of these projects build towards our collective vision.
We need to make sure all this and more happens!