Near the coolest little capital. Lies a stunning valley. With a whole lot of heart. WAINUIOMATA!
A great place to LIVE. A great place to VISIT.
affordable. beautiful. community. adventure. 10min to Hutt. 30min to Wellington.
Love Wainuiomata's about achieving great outcomes for Wainuiomata locals & visitors.
We've created the Wainuiomata Development Plan and we're developing projects that will...
- promote Wainuiomata's affordable lifestyle
- create a vibrant town centre
- grow Wainuiomata as a top visitor destination
- deliver a fun, active Wainuiomata Hill experience
We've been in a development phase, bringing together learnings from our community and placemaking projects. We're now ready to polish this into Concept Plans which will include Queen St. These plans will allow us to roll out projects.
We've just submitted to Hutt City Council (May 2017) asking for their support to develop the Concept Plans.
Check out our 2017 submission to HCC about developing Wainuiomata.
Try the new #pukeatuachallenge - just walk, run or bike!
Have a go. Just walk, run or bike up Wainuiomata Hill and write up your time on the new Hill Top Leaderboard.
It's a great way to celebrate your efforts + encourage others to have a go.
King of the Hill 2016
It was another great King of the Hill for everyone from young to seniors. People walked, jogged and ran to the top of our beautiful hill, Pukeatua.
In the News...
Opened Friday 9 September, come take in the beautiful view of our wonderful region.
"a subdivision hot spot" Dominion Post Business 16 May 2016
Wayne Barton, Professionals Real Estate, confirmed in the article that there's:
“very strong interest in Wainuiomata properties from families and investors”
Wainuiomata’s new Parkway Rise subdivision could offer house packages in as little as three weeks. Wise St is currently being upgraded and its first stage subdivision is due to be finished in August.
This all fits with the Wainuiomata Development Plan to grow the great things about Wainuiomata.
Wainuiomata. Love the lifestyle. Love the people. Love the new housing opportunities for under $400K!
Making Stuff Happen. Now!
Love Wainuiomata + their new Make Stuff Happen Champion, Esther, are working on a range of projects including:
- the Wainuiomata Welcome sign - we've got the winning design. Now we're working on getting it up. The current focus is on getting Totara for the Pou which will be over 6m each in length. Please contact us if you have leads for timber.
- Town Centre - we all want a vibrant heart. Now we're working with individuals, groups and businesses to do placemaking projects for everyone to enjoy. The Queen St 7-Day Makeover is starting Sun 25 Sept 2016.
- Leaderboard - we love our hill. Now it's time to celebrate your walk, run or bike to the top with #pukeatuachallenge The Hill Top Leaderboard is up - all you need to do is time how long it takes to walk, run or bike to the top then write it up on the Leaderboard. Challenge yourself, your friends + your family.
There's lots of ways to get involved + lots of opportunities to make a difference. Chat with Esther to find out more.
Place: it's a feeling not a location.
Wainuiomata - our beautiful home and a great destination enjoyed by 180 000 visitors each year. The feedback is that all of us want to make the most of Wainuiomata.
So on Monday 2 May 6-8pm we had a public session with the fantastic Placemaking guru: David Engwitch
David was already in NZ working with the Marton community to transform their town and we invited him to share his experiences. It was a fun and inspiring talk that let us see how effective David's 7 Day Makeover process is at engaging people to create spaces they love.
Now we're doing our own 7-Day Makeover here in Queen St Sun 25 Sept - Sat 1 Oct 2016.
Project for Public Spaces describes David as:
"one of the world’s most inventive thinkers and writers on creating vibrant public spaces"
Wainuiomata's Vision for Our Future
Waininuiomata adds a lot to our Wellington region. We have a great lifestyle that's affordable. We've got stunning scenery and lots of recreation and sport. Plus we're just a short train or car ride from our Lower Hutt CDB and capital city. Let's capture this energy and grow.
Our goal? It's more of a feeling...